Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cupcakes and Birthdays.





I stopped giving actual presents quite sometime ago and gave people my lil tiny cupcakes aka Babycakes out as birthday presents. Why? Cos I'm a cheapskate.

But hey, people are so taken away by the absolute cuteness of the cupcakes that they totally forget about what a cheapskate you are! Trust me!! But I've had a few people who go "Hey, Where's my real present?"

So, On to the pictures to last Friday's Birthday celebration at Delicious at DUA Residence for May!




Okay well, here, please note that these were also done together with my friend who, as u can tell likes cupcakes that look more like rainbow vomit. No offence intended!


So how did I actually get into this whole cupcake shabang?

I'm one of those trend followers yeah yeah. Well, actually it started a few years back when I tried hard wanting to try one of those cupcakes from a cafe in Damansara, but I went to the place several times and never seem to find the cafe! So I got so frustrated, I said, I'll make them myself. Then it became an obsession, I'd make a batch every weekend and by the forth weekend, my family was so sick of them the cupcakes went on weeks with no one touching them. Then one fine day, my mum decided to help me set up my stall at a Flea Market nearby and VOILA! Babycakes was born!! Here, you can see one of our flyers immortalized by Facebook.



After a while this got really tiring, so I ceased taking orders and selling at the fleamarket. After a while making these cupcakes didnt feel as inspiring as it once did.

Although I am not doing my lil mini-buiness thing anymore, I still do take orders for cupcakes for friends and my regular customers. And occasionally, I open an order for a fresh batch of inspired homemade style cupcakes =D

No comments:

Post a Comment